Marble Falls Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Marble Falls Independent School District
Job Reference #: 960
Openings as of 3/22/2019
Student Support Services
- Counselor JobID: 960
- Position Type:
Student Support Services/Guidance Counselor
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
8-1-19 200 Days
- Plan and conduct structured group lessons to deliver district’s guidance curriculum effectively and in accordance with students’ developmental needs. Collaborate with teachers who teach guidance-related curriculum.
- Guide individual students, groups of students, and parents to plan, monitor, and manage the student’s own educational and career development including creating and reviewing personal graduation plans and providing information about post-secondary opportunities.
- Use accepted theories and effective techniques of developmental guidance to counsel individual students, small groups of students, and parents to plan, monitor, and manage a student’s own personal and social development. Provide preventive, remedial, and crisis counseling as needed.
- Coordinate school, home, and community resources and refer students, parent, and others to special programs and services as needed.
- Work collaboratively to advocate for individual students and specific groups of students.
- Interpret standardized test results and assessment data to guide students in individual goal setting and planning.
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and promote continuous improvement of a balanced comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program that includes guidance curriculum, responsive services, individual planning, and system support components.
- Advocate for a school environment that acknowledges and respects diversity.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and board policy. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations
- Adhere to legal, ethical, and professional standards for school counselors including current professional standards of competence and practice.
Salary minimum: $49,278 (depending on school experience)
Primary Purpose:Plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program at assigned campus. Counsel students to fully develop each student’s academic, career, personal, and social abilities and address the needs of special population students.
Master’s degree in guidance counseling
Valid Texas counseling certificate
Knowledge of counseling procedures, student appraisal, and career development
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Ability to present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to students, parents, and district staff
Two years teaching experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Management and Administration
Supervisory Responsibilities:Supervise assigned counseling aide(s) and clerical employee(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged sitting; frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work inside, may work outside
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; may work prolonged or irregular hours