Marble Falls Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Marble Falls Independent School District
Openings as of 8/21/2019
- Bus Driver JobID: 436
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
01/15/18 180 days
- Follow assigned route and adhere to established schedules.
- Drive bus to and from extracurricular activities.
- Check bus for mechanical defects before and after each operation and notify supervisor of needed repairs.
- Report all accidents, vehicle damage, student injuries, and mechanical failures. Complete required reports.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled.
- Supervise students while they board and leave the bus and cross the street.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis regarding student behavior while on bus.
- Maintain discipline; report student discipline problems to appropriate administrator.
- Instruct students on safe riding rules and regulations.
- Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses.
- Inspect bus by checking fuel, oil, water, tires, lights, brakes, and steering to ensure bus can be operated safely before driving.
- Ensure proper condition of emergency equipment, such as first aid kit, fire extinguisher, flags, fuses, crow bar, and reflector.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area that could cause an accident and inform supervisor of any conditions that are not correctable immediately.
- Report any hazardous conditions along the route.
- Operate two-way radio equipment to communicate with transportation office.
- Work irregular hours as needed.
- Attend and complete required training program to maintain safety certification.
- Keep records on bus mileage and number of passengers transported.
Minimum hourly rate: $14.47
Primary Purpose:Ensure safe and orderly transportation of students on assigned route. Operate school bus that transports students and other authorized personnel to and from schools or other designated location.
Valid Texas commercial driver’s license (Class B)
Must be 18 years of age
Ability to pass alcohol and drug test/physical
Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Knowledge of student discipline procedure
Ability to manage student behavior
Ability to operate bus
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Equipment Used:School bus, safety equipment (flares, reflective signs), fire extinguisher.
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control. Continual sitting, reaching, and repetitive hand and arm motions. Work outside and inside; moderate exposure to extreme temperature (hot) and vehicle fumes.