Marble Falls Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Marble Falls Independent School District
Openings as of 5/22/2019
Student Support Services
- ARD Facilitator JobID: 972
- Position Type:
Student Support Services/ARD Facilitator
- Date Posted:
Marble Falls Middle School
- Date Available:
08/01/2019 197 Days
- Serve as a pre-referral consultant/team member on request.
- May be involved in collecting data for: multiple handicapped (severely and profoundly handicapped students); students referred during the summer; students who are hospitalized; eligible handicapped students new to the district.
- Monitor and maintain all Special Education files in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Serve as a member of the ARD committee.
- Works with case managers to refer students in need of additional services to appropriate agencies or specialists outside the school, based on ARD recommendations.
- Assist Special Education teachers in reviewing the appropriateness of education plans and/or placement.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of confidential files.
- Consult with other agencies outside of the school that are serving an eligible student.
- Assist in planning and reviewing vocational assessments, graduation plans, and Individual Transition Plans (ITP).
- Perform other duties within the job goals as assigned by the Special Education Director.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development.
- Meet timeline requirements for annual ARD meeting.
- Meet compliance requirements for documentation of required IEP elements.
- Coordinate schedules with teachers, principals, parents, and others as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for special education teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings as appropriate and serve on staff committees as required.
Salary Minimum: $51,421
To provide leadership, assistance in placement procedures, assistance in individual educational planning, and consult with the instructional staff in regular and special education. To coordinate, schedule, and participate in ARD meetings to ensure timeline requirements for annual dates are met. Ensure all elements required to be addressed and documented are accomplished, and that parents and others receive relevant sections of the IEP.
Valid Special Education certification as required by TEA or eligible for permit
Knowledge of ARD procedures, education of special education students, human development, and learning theories
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to maintain organization of multiple schedules
Three years experience in Special Education
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
The Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Facilitator is responsible for supervising a team of faculty and staff to ensure all ARDS are conducted within appropriate timelines and complies with all federal, state, and district special education requirements. The ARD Facilitator is responsible for coordinating, planning, and preparing paperwork for students eligible for special education services. The ARD Facilitator chairs ARD meetings and participates in the decision making the process of the ARD Committee.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Regular district wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned; moderate lifting and carrying.