Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Macmillan Publishers
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, EBI-MAPworks, i
Are these important to you?
- Awesome team culture
- Quality, quality, quality
- Building great products
- Scaling for hundreds of thousands of users
- Lean and scrum practices
- Occasional breakfast tacos
Are you comfortable with:
- Relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- RESTful web service design
- Unit and Integration testing
- Leading a technical discussion
- Troubleshooting a high-profile production issue
- Acting as a mentor and proponent of best practices
- Experience with working /deploying in a Linux environment
- Configuration and provisioning tools (jenkins, ansible, saltstack, etc.)
- Containerization (docker, docker-compose, container orchestration)
- Experience developing with continuous integration in a high-volume production environment
- AWS experience (CloudFormation, resource provisioning and management)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
***If so keep reading***
Everyone takes ownership of what we deliver. We are a team, not many armies of one. If you are cowboy programmer, please don’t apply.
We have a casual work environment and flexible start times. Macbook Pros are used in development and Slack and Gmail are the communication tools of choice. Our product development process follow Agile and Lean principles.
Our stakeholders and content creators usually have PhDs in their respective fields - it’s inspiring to work with so many really smart people.
We are looking for the right candidate that fits our culture and aligns with our engineering philosophies. If you think you may be the right candidate, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Experience: 5+ years of full stack development in an enterprise environment
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar. Work experience can substitute degree requirement