Lower Colorado River Authority
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer I,II
at Lower Colorado River Authority
- # Positions
At an entry level, provides armed security services of LCRA property and facilities. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Performs security patrols at assigned LCRA facility and/or stands assigned post to detect and prevent crime.
- Assists police officers with the apprehension of suspects and other emergencies. Arrests under limited circumstances (felonies or breaches of the peace).
- Assists individuals with special needs and escorts employees and visitors as requested.
- Assists emergency medical personnel as needed. Responds to calls for service, calls for assistance, and special assignments.
- Reports security violations and equipment failures and other security or safety related situations to supervisor.
- Operates electronic security equipment (i.e., CCTV, video recorders, card access, 2-way radios and alarm equipment).
- Assists in conducting investigations and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations. Assists in conducting investigations and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
- Performs special assignments.
- Provides elevated level of security response and incident reporting as required for Critical Infrastructure sites and to comply with North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) mandated standards.
- Assists dispatch and enforces visitor and contract badge procedures. May provide field training to Security Officer Project employee incumbents.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
For Regular positions:
Successful completion of project position field training program
Texas Private Security Board Level III Security Officer commission
Texas Crime Information Center/National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC) CJP certification
Current certification in Basic First Aid and CPR
Requires successful completion of new hire/annual fitness for duty examination upon hire, and annually thereafter
Successful completion of new hire and periodic Public Safety departmental background check
For Project positions:
Driver's license with good record
- Obtains Texas Private Security Board Level III Security Officer commission.
- Successfully completes training in the use of incident reporting software
- Successfully completes Security Academy training
- Successfully completes all firearms qualifications per departmental standards, including shotgun qualification and long gun qualification
- Successfully completes ASP Baton training and OC Pepper Spray training
- Successfully completes ICS 100 Incident Command training and passes exam
- Obtains Texas Crime Information Center/National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC) CJP certification.
- Obtains certifications in Basic First Aid and CPR
- Requires successful completion of fitness for duty examination upon hire, and annually thereafter
- Successful completion of new hire and periodic Public Safety departmental background check