Lower Colorado River Authority
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Specialist I
at Lower Colorado River Authority
- # Positions
At an entry level, administers safety programs. Participates in assessment of programs, incident investigations and in research, development and implementation of safety policies and procedures. Conducts safety meetings and safety training. Maintains records and prepares reports. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Provides safety consultation and serves as a safety and health resource for LCRA staff.
- Schedules and assists with conducting safety orientations, safety training, health training and monthly / quarterly safety meetings. Maintains training records.
- Assists with safety and health inspections and audits.
- Assists with incident investigations, tracking and reporting.
- Participates in the research, development and implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Assists staff with project support related to health and safety issues. Prepares health and safety plans for LCRA projects.
- May coordinate medical monitoring activities and schedule employees for testing.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with other staff to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
Four or more years of experience in administration of industrial safety and/or health programs, utility industry (mechanical and/or electrical), safety training or compliance including providing guidance, leadership or formal/informal instruction to staff. A degree(s) in industrial maintenance, instrumentation, controls, electrical systems, health and safety, education or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.