Lower Colorado River Authority
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk & Business Continuity Program Mgr
at Lower Colorado River Authority
- # Positions
Risk and Business Continuity Program Manager – focusing on Insurance
This position requires an insurance professional with proven experience with Commercial and Casualty Insurance policies, with a thorough understanding of the insurance market and with a proactive, decisive attitude. This candidate will be a confident decision maker who works well independently as well as in a team environment. The insurance program demand is growing and being positive and flexible are important characteristics needed. Your ability to build relationships with both the internal customers and the brokers will make you successful in this role. Day to day servicing of accounts as well as analyzing coverages and negotiating rates will be a large part of your responsibilities. Your active Property and Casualty license is required.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) preferred
- Associate Risk Management a plus
- Property and Casualty License required, unless a CPCU certification is active
- Previous commercial insurance experience required, specialized in the utility business a plus.
- Independent agent experience preferred, but not required
- Specialized insurance courses a plus.
- Experience Managing Multiline Commercial Property and Casualty Policies
- Ability to work with business areas, answer their questions pertaining to third-party supplier contracts insurance provisions, solve any current or outstanding issues and recommend applicable coverage as needed.
- Review policy marketing bids, make policy recommendations to management, process and submit new & renewal policy applications
- Assess, document, track and submit insurance claims in a timely manner
- Developing professional customer service skills
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision making abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter, ambitious, results-oriented abilities.
- Negotiation abilities with positive outcomes.
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience working face to face with customers
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Apply problem solving techniques to various issues concerning cancellations, claims, renewal issues, audits, carrier issues.
At an expert level, performs analysis and reporting related to various risk assessment and control activities. Responsible for conducting risk assessments, identification and analysis of financial exposures, developing metrics and reporting related to risks, implementing risk management techniques, and participating with various teams enterprise-wide in support of risk management. Evaluates the compliance with approved strategies and established controls and communicates non-compliance conditions as required for high risk areas such as fuel and energy trading. Ensures that credit, contract, price, billing and operational risks have been adequately addressed. Administers and coordinates the liability, property and casualty insurance program for designated business area. Administers and manages insurance claims filed against LCRA and/or damage to LCRA assets. Coordinates and facilitates business area discussions to develop, test and update Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans for mission critical business processes. This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
- Supports the ERM manager regarding all aspects of the enterprise-wide risk management program. Responsibilities include facilitating the identification of risks throughout the organization, developing, reporting and monitoring dashboards on risk management issues and developing methodologies for the assessment of risks throughout the organization.
- Researches, evaluates and documents risk and control processes. Coordinates with financial, regulatory, environmental, operational, cybersecurity and internal audit staff to develop recommendations for improvements based on research and knowledge of best practices.
- Aligns risk assessments with internal audit and strategy teams. Reviews results of past internal audits and existing internal controls to ensure that adequate controls are in place to address priority risks.
- Monitors internal and external audits and management responses for effects on LCRA’s risk profile and conformance with LCRA risk tolerances (financial and qualitative). Coordinates closely with internal audit and controller staff to help align focus of resources upon more pertinent risks to the organization.
- Serves on various internal committees and represent Risk Management in various projects, teams and initiatives. Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and delivers various reports and presentations to key stakeholders, and senior management.
- Stays current on ERCOT, PUC, NERC, FERC, TCEQ market change proposals coordinating with trading, settlements, accounting staff and management, cybersecurity and water management regarding changes to LCRA’s risk profile and credit exposure.
- Supports ERM Manager regarding all aspects of corporate insurance programs. Responsibilities include compilation of underwriting information and coverage placement, claims administration, loss forecasting, and analysis to assist in loss reduction.
- In conjunction with the ERM Manager, ensures administration and adequate coverage for the assigned business areas for the property and casualty insurance program including maintaining order and accessibility of documents, claims and loss events tracking and coordination, payments of invoices and claims, updates and maintains procedures, and other duties necessary to reduce risks, costs and ensure prompt responsiveness to management inquiries.
- Performs analyses to assists management with the placement of LCRA’s liability, property and casualty insurance policies such as, but are not limited to, workers' compensation, pollution liability, general liability, property, employment practices liability, required contract coverage, builder’s risks, executive risks and cyber risks. Obtains exposure data required by insurers in order to prepare their quotes. Assists management in working with brokers and underwriters, to ensure that risks are identified and insured in conformance to LCRA risk tolerances and contracts. Follows through to ensure policies are issued and reviewed by brokers as well as to communicate elements of insurance across relevant LCRA areas.
- Serves as liaison between LCRA operations and insurers conducting risk reduction and loss control audits and reviews. Assist with and support business continuity analyses and reviews. Based upon risk to LCRA, work with supply management to assure that vendors comply with contractual requirements with respect to insurance.
- Mitigates LCRA’s exposure to risk by formulating, developing, and coordinating all claims-related activities, as well as resolving bona fide claims at the least possible cost through various risk transfer techniques. Ensures the proper and efficient handling of claims, gathering data on claims for both record keeping and loss forecasting purposes, and estimating the financial value of claims.
- Reviews first and third party claims for irregularities, accuracy and completeness. Requests additional information, where necessary, for completion of claim processing. Reviews claims for eligibility. Maintains updated records and prepares required reports. Assists in claims cost control. Performs the design, analysis and delivery of claim information. Contacts individuals about claims and coordinates the handling of benefits. This role focuses on operational effectiveness in support of claims management strategies. Understands claim programs, policies, and procedures for: reporting, investigation, and analysis; litigation management; resolution/outcome management; and the delivery of claim information. Handles mostly routine non-complex claims but, may handle litigated and moderately complex claims with limited settlement authority.
- Serves as internal subject matter expert for risk assessments and analyses, insurance language and levels in LCRA contracts, loss exposure analyses and modeling, and regulatory risks.
- Leads designated business area contingency planning/business continuity efforts. Establishes a framework and methodology for completion of contingency plans by internal business units. Coordinates training, communication, and testing of plans. Drives and delivers business continuity commitment, support, ownership, accountability and results. Designs, builds, and implements standard risk assessment, business impact analysis, and other business continuity tools and capabilities. Drives and delivers effective business continuity strategies to support and, in time of disaster, recover the company's critical business functions. Directs the continuous and regular validation and testing of documented business continuity plans.
- Serves as the lead for disaster recovery plans throughout the organization to assist technology leaders and operational subject matter experts to ensure critical system applications and operational assets have an effective disaster recovery plan in place.
- Maintains an updated plan in the central repository for all plans and ensure appropriate protocols to maintain confidentiality and data integrity.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
Twelve or more years of experience in risk management, business continuity, property and casualty insurance programs or related financial analyses, or auditing and modeling. A degree(s) in business, finance, accounting, engineering or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
Preferred to hold a Texas Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance Certification
Preferred experience working directly with brokers and/or underwriters
Preferred experience in contract insurance provisions transferring risks to third-party reducing LCRA's liaiblity
Preferred experience in proficient policy review and verbiage
Preferred experience in insurance claims processing (asset damage and third-party auto)
Preferred experience of knowledge of policies within the utility market
Preferred experience in claims tracking and collecting supporting documentation to seek financial recovery
Preferred experience in tracking and maintaining "Statement of Value" for property insurance