Lower Colorado River Authority
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Energy Analyst Lead
at Lower Colorado River Authority
- # Positions
At an expert level, performs modeling, forecasting, analysis, and reporting in support of the wholesale electric market business operations. Performs financial, economic and statistical analysis related to pricing, settlement, structuring, and/or risk. This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Progression to this level is limited based on business requirements.
- Provides direct planning and analytical support for the development of electric power supply strategies, evaluation and analysis of generation assets and power purchase and sale contracts.
- Performs quantitative analysis and modeling of economic and financial impacts of fuel and purchased power activities.
- Performs advanced financial, economic and statistical analysis relating to wholesale market activities.
- Analyzes power sales and purchase contracts and their potential benefits and risks to LCRA's wholesale portfolio.
- Develops and maintains complex economic evaluation and cash flow simulation models for fuel supplies, power generation, purchased power and load costs.
- Analyzes data from natural gas, coal and electrical power generation markets and formulates statistics to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Assesses transactions for value, commodity and non-commodity risks, capital requirements, cash flows, physical optionality, and strategic benefits.
- Manages complex contractual requirements for pricing, cost allocation, rates and reconciliation.
- Provides complex analysis to enable contract strategies that help retain customers and positions LCRA to compete in de-regulated markets.
- Advises management on short-term issues affecting LCRA's long-term electric generation resource outlook, rates and strategy.
- Develops and deploys databases for research and information.
- Ensures quality assurance and quality control of data and documentation.
- Identifies and corrects errors in complex mathematical calculations performed by various software tools used.
- Understands and implements complex ERCOT protocols related to ERCOT settlement, scheduling and dispute resolution.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
Twelve or more years’ experience in energy analytics. A degree(s) in business, economics, engineering, mathematics or a relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in business, economics, engineering, mathematics or relevant field
- Experience in VBA, Excel and other analytical tools
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong internal and external relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills