Lower Colorado River Authority
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dir, Real Estate Services
at Lower Colorado River Authority
- # Positions
Manages and directs overall activities of the real estate acquisition and land management department. Establishes departmental strategies and direction. Identifies and creates policies and procedures. Resolves conflicts and facilitates communication between key internal and external stakeholders. Communicates real estate acquisition goals and strategies, tracks performance with real estate acquisition schedules, and ensures that resources are in place to meet objectives. Prepares and manages departmental budget to achieve goals and objectives within fiscal limits. Provides direct support for LCRA and LCRA Transmission Services Corporation (TSC) legal proceedings and regulatory matters including providing oral and written testimony and gives presentations to regulators and/or the public.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for real estate acquisition on LCRA and LCRA TSC capital improvement projects. Interfaces with LCRA General Manager, LCRA Board Members, LCRA TSC Board Members, executive management, customers, outside utilities, and the general public. Facilitates issues and conflict resolution among stakeholders. Manages or assists with the public participation and involvement on all LCRA TSC construction and maintenance projects.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, promotes, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- Leads the development and implementation of the real estate acquisition and property management goals to meet LCRA and LCRA TSC business plan objectives. Ensures consistency with corporate strategy and processes across projects.
- Develops, updates, and monitors compliance with policies and procedures to ensure adequate internal controls are in place to comply with applicable laws, LCRA and LCRA TSC Board Polices and departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitors a portfolio of projects. Manages the sale, trade, or disposition of all LCRA and LCRA TSC non-essential land and easement releases, as necessary. Manages LCRA’s and LCRA TSC's various land including leases, licenses, permits, and other land agreements. Maintains expert knowledge of LCRA properties.
- Prepares and manages Real Estate Services Departmental Budget within fiscal limits.
- Prepares Board agenda items and makes presentations to the LCRA and LCRA TSC Board of Directors. Drafts proposed changes to LCRA and LCRA TSC Board Policies, as needed.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
Nine or more years of experience in land use, property rights, land surveying, public utility routing, and/or public involvement associated with electric utilities, water utilities or public parks, including at least four years of supervisory experience. A degree(s) in real estate, organizational communications, business, law, engineering, geography, or geology or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.