Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineer - Civil
at LNV, inc.
- 07-Feb-2019 to 08-Apr-2019 (CST)
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
LNV is seeking a Project Engineer for our Austin, Texas office. This position will be expected to plan, design, and manage multidiscipline projects consisting of municipal infrastructure projects for public and private clients in the Central and South Texas region. Also, in addition to designing projects, this position will require to manage EIT's and CADD technicians, field services, and in some cases sub-consultants to successfully complete projects. Must also be able to interact with clients, perform inspections, attend meetings, and develop cost estimates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
- Master's Degree a plus
Requirements & Experience
- Professional Engineer's license in the state of Texas or the ability to obtain within six (6) months
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in municipal infrastructure, including the preparation of plans and specifications.
- Basic understanding of municipal engineering principles and state regulations.
- Ability to research and utilize available resources to development recommendations.
- Experience in various modeling programs is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of municipal engineering principles and state regulations
- Ability to research and utilize available resources to develop best management practices
- Knowledge, experience and ability to perform computer tasks with Microstation, GEOpak, AutoCAD or Civil 3D software
- Candidate must have the ability to manage performance from various personnel in other departments
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our company culture is a must
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate with multiple professionals involved in municipal infrastructure type projects and to manage the performance of various personnel in other departments
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist a Project Manager in performing design calculations, writing reports, preparing plans and specifications, and developing cost estimates
- Develop the design concepts of various projects within the time constraints established in the budget
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities and coordination of EIT's and CADD Operators as assigned to a specific project
- Assist the Project Manager in project coordination with clients and other design engineers for various projects
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing Change Orders, Pay Estimates, Status Reports, and Project Inspection Reports
- Review design drawings and recommend adjustments as necessary
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager from time to time
LNV, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.