LMI Government Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LMI Government Consulting
- Job ID
- # of Openings
LMI is currently seeking a data engineer within LMI’s Advanced Analytics service line to support the design and implementation of business critical data management & engineering solutions.
This position is located in Austin, TX
The ideal candidate will have direct, applied experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Develop data structures and systems to support the generation of business insights
- Knowledge and experience in overall ETL processes
- Maintain data infrastructure and develop scripts for regular processes
- Define, design, and develop data flow diagrams, data dictionaries, and logical and physical models
- Define data requirements, document data elements, and capture and maintain metadeta
- Identify and clean incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate or irrelevant data
- Identify new opportunities to use data to improve business performance
- Communicate and present data by developing reports using Tableau or Business Intelligence tools
- Adhere to compliance and audit requirements for data storage, architecture, cybersecurity, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., engineering, statistics, mathematics, information technology, etc.) is preferred.
- Master's degree is desired.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience, preferably with a federal government customer.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases: Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with data governance tools: Collibra, Immuta
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance is preferred.