Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Architect – Developer Platform (Hollywood, Scottsdale, or REMOTE)
at Live Nation
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
You will be responsible for the technical architecture and direction of the technology platform at Ticketmaster. This platform represents the technology, environments, and tools that our software developers leverage to deliver products to fans, clients and partners. You will work with engineering and business teams to align our technical solutions to their needs. Your work will define reference architectures, drive best practices, and improve developer experiences, leading to faster, more efficient and more secure product delivery. You will track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential. You will partner with engineering teams to coordinate technology experiments, helping to create new products and services and integrating the best of these into steady-state operations for the organization.
What the job is:
- Provides architectural direction and guidance to domain architects and technical leads in the technology platform organization
- Partners with enterprise and software architects to define and support a unified architectural strategy
- Partners with product and engineering leaders to act as an advisor to strategic planning
- Facilitates technology strategy decisions through consulting and support in execution
- Introduces and accelerates new technologies and methodologies to support technology transformation
- Scan the world for major disruptive technology and non-technology trends (trendspotting) that affect business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
- Analyzes industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the technology platform
- Analyzes the current business and platform to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement
- Work with other architects and stakeholders to identify partnerships and products that help our cross-functional teams improve outcomes
- Supports the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making in partnership with enterprise architecture
- Ensures optimal governance structure and compliance activities
- Oversees platform architecture implementation, ongoing refinement activities, and the documentation of all design and analysis work
- Consults with program/project teams to fit solutions to architecture across all viewpoints
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- 8-10 years relevant experience
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis, or a related field of study
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience implementing DevOps tools and processes at enterprise scale
- Knowledge of all components of a software delivery platform including Infrastructure as a Service, SDLC, container orchestration, CI/CD pipelines, SOA, configuration management, secrets management, metrics, monitoring, and alerting
- Knowledge of cybersecurity as it relates to software delivery and compliance
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
- Over five years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as technical architecture, solution architecture, network management, application development, middleware design, information analysis, database management or operations management) in a heterogeneous environment — or five years of experience in solution architecture, systems architecture or software architecture
- Ability to work effectively with senior leaders and effectively communicate and influence up and down the ladder in a matrixed, multi-cultural, collaborative and self-directed environment
- Previous experience as a successful platform architect highly desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.