Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product UI/UX Designer
At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
As a Product Designer you'll focus on crafting the user experience and UI for our award-winning mobile, Web, and desktop apps, and high-end video conferencing phones and cameras. You'll collaborate with us to translate concepts, ideas, and requirements into elegant visuals, intuitive interactions, and meaningful motion. We move fast around here so flexibility, transparency, and a passion for expanding your personal toolbox of skills are key qualities we look for in our team.
- You’ll work with project teams to craft experiences and user interfaces that both delight users and fulfill business goals
- Work both autonomously in pursuit of elegant solutions to open-ended problems and collaboratively with team members on enhancements to large-scale design improvements for our products
- You will build everything from design assets, specs, wireframes, flow diagrams, and guidelines to communicate your design direction to stakeholders and implementation teams
- Use and contribute toward growing our existing design system and evangelize atomic design principles
- Communicate your decision-making rationale with confidence but receive constructive critique and art direction with a respectful, patient style
- Find creative ways to incorporate feedback from team members, stakeholders, and usability testing to improve and refine your design ideas
- Learn and become an expert user of Lifesize video conferencing products
- You're an expert at infusing life into your designs and communicating how they fit into a larger product design vision
- You love iterating through a lot of creative options before narrowing down to the strongest solutions, and can explain your thought process and design rationale
- You’re strong in at least two of the following and capable in two others:
- Designing pixel perfect user interfaces using advanced features in Sketch—from text styles through nested symbols—but can make use of Photoshop and Illustrator when they’re the right tool for the job
- Creating meaningful UI animations and transitions using tools like AfterEffects, Principle, or Framer
- Demonstrating your ideas through prototypes using tools like InVision, Marvel, and Axure
- Writing crisp, clear, and concise user-facing copy with a strategy for how every single word choice serves our user’s goals (especially when those words are translated into over a dozen languages)
- Transforming complex tasks into intuitive and easy-to-use flows and screen designs that help users confidently achieve their goals
- Conducting research to understand our users goals, evaluating design ideas through usability testing, then sharing that information with the rest of the team
- Applying your art direction skills to ensure the strategy behind your design both evokes the right emotional reaction and fits an existing brand
- Creating reusable creative assets and documenting design patterns with the goal of scaling a team’s design output while maintaining consistency across project teams and products
- 8+ years of experience in the user experience or visual design of product UIs
- BA or BFA in a relevant field, or equivalent number of years of relevant experience
- An online portfolio that gives us an idea of your design experience, especially your shipped products
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical thinking skills with the demonstrated ability to understand and reconcile complex, interdependent and occasionally competing requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of software product lifecycle and experience working in a collaborative agile/Lean environment preferred
- Experience designing products for a global audience preferred
- Confident in applying best practices and established design patterns to common design problems
- Intellectual curiosity, an attitude of continuous improvement, and an eye for detial
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.