Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
C++ Embedded Software Engineer
At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
As a C++ Embedded Software Engineer, you will be part of the team responsible for designing, developing, and testing audio software for our embedded, desktop, and mobile products. A successful candidate will have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, developing cutting-edge technologies alongside technical leaders and innovators in the industry.You will also help shape the architecture and define functional requirements of new products, as well as troubleshoot challenging issues as part of cross-functional team. The ideal candidate must be smart and versatile. You will be expected to contribute not only to embedded systems, but also desktop and mobile applications.
- Take a leading role in building audio software solutions for video conferencing systems and phones, as well as desktop and mobile devices
- Design and implement new algorithms to provide the best audio experience in a cloud based conferencing solution
- Work closely with multi-discipline teams to create the next generation of conference room solutions
- Build analysis tools to diagnose audio quality
- Produce scalable, maintainable, and test-driven C/C++ code in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong C++ skills applying OOP methodologies
- Ability to quickly learn different technologies.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms like Linux, Windows, and OSX.
- Possess strong debug skills and knowledge of common diagnostic tools like Wireshark
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded development
- Experience developing hardware I/O drivers
- Ability to understand details of different processor architectures and the implications to software design
- BS or higher in Computer Engineering or related technical discipline and 5+ years’ experience
- Experience integrating third-party or open-source solutions
- Experience in audio programming
- Experience developing for the Linux kernel
- Experience with video conferencing, VOIP, WebRTC, SIP, RTP/RTCP, or related
- Experience with acoustic echo cancellation, forward error correction, packet loss concealment, auto gain control, noise reduction, audio codecs
- Experience developing mobile audio applications
- Experience developing DSP audio applications
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.