Liberty Hill Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Liberty Hill Independent School District
Openings as of 10/22/2019
- Bus Monitor JobID: 184
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Lift and carry students with disabilities on and off the bus according to their individual needs.
- Supervise students as they board and leave bus and cross street.
- Take children into building and help them find their way.
- Learn and adapt to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Manage student behavior and report student discipline problems to appropriate administrator.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis regarding student behavior while on bus.
- Become familiar with all routes to and from school campus to be of assistance to driver.
- Maintain an updated route schedule.
- Supervise use of seat belts, harnesses, or car seats by students.
- Follow emergency procedures and help driver administer first aid, if necessary.
- Operate equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follow established procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, assisting students, etc.
- Become familiar with and follow procedures established by transportation and special education offices.
- Help driver keep bus clean.
- Work irregular hours as needed.
Ride buses and help driver ensure safe and orderly transportation of students with disabilities.
Special Knowledge/ Skills:
Ability to follow verbal instructions and communicate effectively
Ability to operate safety equipment and adaptive equipment
Ability to work well with children with disabilities
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Wheelchair lift, ramp, lock, and special needs adaptive equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; moderate lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside; work around vehicles and machinery with moving parts; moderate exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes.