Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASIC Design Manager
Job Reference #: 762637
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Posted Date3 months ago(12/11/2018 8:23 AM)
- Job ID
- Annapurna Labs (U.S.) Inc.
- Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)
- United States
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS has the broadest and deepest set of machine learning and AI services for our customers’ businesses. We are seeking an experienced Design Manager to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Cloud-Scale Machine Learning Acceleration team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers including technologies such as AWS Inferentia which is a machine learning inference product designed to deliver high performance at low cost.
You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
- Build, manage a mentor RTL Design team
- Define and own ASIC design methodologies
- Own design and SOC overall schedules, set project priorities, drive project goals
- Act as a technical point of contact to the different SOC development teams
- Lead cross functional SOC development activities
- Work with with the different stakeholders and functional teams to ensure delivery of high quality HW/SW systems to AWS data centers
- Provide technical leadership through personal example, mentorship, and strong teamwork
- BS degree or higher in EE or CE or CS
- 10+ years or more of practical semiconductor ASIC design experience including owning end to end design of major SOC blocks
- 5 + years experience managing a team of design engineers
- Successful tape outs as an owner of a major design block and as an overall SoC lead
- Practical experience with design of top-level and integration
- Proficient in design methodologies and EDA tools
- Experience working with Synthesis, timing and design constraints
- Previous leadership experience in a start-up company or start-up team
- SOC bring-up and post silicon validation expereince
- Experience building and mentoring teams including hiring, planning and development of methodologies
- Program management experience
- Architecture/System engineering experience
- Experience with gate level testing and multi clock design practices (CDC)
- Experience with managing outsource vendors
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation