Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Scientist, Senior
at KEYW Corporation
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- Data Science
- Job Locations
Be part of an exciting team dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad. KeyW has an immediate need for a Data Scientist to support our customer’s mission researching new and innovative ways to detect botnets, as well as methods to automatically discover and classify devices and infrastructure in botnet infected networks using large quantities of cyber security data.
- Working with a variety of both structured and unstructured data sources
- Producing novel and innovative research into anomaly detection, classification, discovery, and pattern-of-life from large cyber security data sets
- Working with developers to scale prototyped machine learning applications in distributed computing platforms such as Spark
- Communicating findings to a non-technical audience of decision makers
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers, dev ops engineers, and subject matter experts
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics, physics, computational chemistry/biology, engineering, quantitative social sciences) and three (3) to five (5) years of experience or Bachelor's Degree with five (5) to seven (7) years of experience
- Programming experience in Python, Scala, Java or R
- Proficiency with query languages (SQL)
- Proven expertise in identifying supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms to apply to new types of data with actionable results
- Ability to produce fundamental research results and objectives with minimal technical supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Degree in a quantitative field (see above)
- Experience creating proof-of-concept visualizations to convey results to non-technical audiences (e.g., Tableau, D3, Matplotlib, R GGplot)
- Experience with distributed computing (e.g., Map-Reduce, Spark, and other technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem)
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms to large (TB/PB scale) data sets
- Experience with deep learning architectures and frameworks (e.g., Caffe, TensorFlow, Keras)
Clearance: Position requires a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
Interested in this position?
Please click Submit your resume, on the right.
Recruiting Point of Contact:
KeyW EEO Statement
About the Organization
KeyW is a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Jacobs.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With approximately $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com, and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.