Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at James Avery
Responsible for the deployment, security, maintenance and troubleshooting of James Avery computing environments. The multirole position requires versatility and competency in several IT domains of knowledge including Windows servers/services, virtualization platforms, storage systems, information security and network infrastructure. Manages, configures, secures, supports and troubleshoots applications and services on associated physical servers, virtual servers, networks, storage systems and information security systems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provides lifecycle support of Windows based servers/services within an Active Directory environment.
- Investigates and ensures corrective action for escalated incidents and trains technicians and System Administrators as required.
- Maintain the enterprise Windows domain infrastructure and core services including but not limited to AD, DHCP, NTFS, SMTP, and IIS.
- Secures the computing environment using best practices and consistent processes. Contributes to the information security practice via sound administrative practices and proactive actions.
- Responsible for managing imaging solution and other software automation to include creation of new images and software distribution packages.
- Responsible for mobile device management.
- Maintains the Office365 and backup/disaster recovery environments.
- Responsible for administration of the organization’s IT platform related applications including SolarWinds, SCCM, 3rd party patch management tools.
- Supports storage technologies such as SAN, NAS and fiber switches and protocols such as iSCSI, NFS, FC and FCoE
- Assist with support for IP-based phone system.
- Assist with creation of technical documentation in internal Wiki and customer guides.
- Participate and serve as the technical lead on special projects when assigned.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and periodic testing of disaster recovery plans ensuring business continuity for all core services and critical applications.
- Develop and implement scripts to monitor systems and automate maintenance tasks.
- Observe all safety regulations; participate in safety training; report all unsafe conditions to the appropriate company personnel.
- Adhere to Company policies including but not limited to the Attendance Guideline, Freedom from Harassment and Employee Discount Guideline.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or related field and seven to ten years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced knowledge of the following required:
- Windows Server OS architecture, design, management, scripting and troubleshooting
- VMWare (virtualization) architecture, core services and administration
- Storage technologies and protocols
- Security best practices
- LAN and WAN technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc.)
- Applied network principles, including sub-netting, performance monitoring, scalability and disaster recovery
- Microsoft Office products and Office365 administration
- Backup/restore processing
- Must be able to participate in on call rotation and provide after-hours support for Tier I, Tier II and maintenance activities when required.
Preference will be given to candidates who have some of the following in addition to the minimum qualifications above:
- Cisco, Fortinet, VMware certifications
- PCI DSS v3 experience
- Retail and POS environment experience
- SIEM or Splunk experience