Iron Mountain Incorporated.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Associate
at Iron Mountain Incorporated.
- Requisition #
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), founded in 1951 and #390 in the rank of Forbes 2018 America’s Best Employers, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world, and with a real estate network of more than 85 million square feet across more than 1,400 facilities in over 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a more digital way of working. Visit www.ironmountain.com for more information.
The Business Development Associate role is responsible for selling Information Management (Records Storage & Secure Destruction) bundles to Mid-Market prospects mostly through phone activity through prospecting, networking, cold calling and executing on account plans and marketing initiatives to increase Iron Mountain footprint within the territory resulting in revenue growth and quota attainment.
- Assesses customer’s needs, determining appropriate Iron Mountain products and solutions.
- Builds customer relationships through strategic conversations to understand organizational business objectives and goals.
- Continuously prospects to develop net new clients and maintains a consistent ‘pipeline’ that enables meeting and exceeding quota attainment.
- Activities to support pipeline and account activity include, tracking activity in Salesforce.com, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of IRM product offerings.
- Active within industry associations in the market to increase IM awareness.
- Responsible for final account sales and revenue growth.
- BDA will be trained and prepared for a goal of transitioning to an outside sales.
- Experience: 1 – 3 years of sales experience, cold calling, or new business development experience or related internships
- Ideal candidates will have an interest and foundation for strategic account management, sales process and solution selling
- Will train and have the ability to influence and negotiate through proven sales skills and needs identification by aligning unique insights to key customer priorities
- Must exhibit excellent written, oral and presentation skills through power messaging
- Candidates should be able to make business decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Negotiation skills
- Total travel: 80% inside phone based sales; 20% outside
- Education: 4-year College Degree preferred not required
What We Offer:
- Guaranteed Base Salary Pay
- Commission/Bonus Structure
- Company Sponsored Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision all start on Day 1.
- PTO time: 15 vacation days plus additional 6 sick days and 3 floating holidays.
- Available: 401(k) with match, Life Insurance, Short term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Education Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
- to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies
- to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- to complete required training within the allotted time frame