Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Interior Architects
IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a full-time Strategy Director in our Austin office. As Strategy Director, you would be responsible for leading new business development, projects, select components of practice development and managing the local Strategy work and team.
- Directs data gathering approach, reviewing and advising on analysis and recommendations.
- Initiates, develops, reviews, directs and guides project solutions based on project scope.
- Manages the project work plan, monitoring progress to plan the budget. Requests additional services as needed.
- Seeks out opportunities to sell Strategies services to existing and potential clients.
- Develops proposal response strategy, writes proposals, develops content for pitches, and makes client presentations.
- Manages and mentors the work of the local Strategy team. Oversees tasks and provides feedback on work product.
- Leads client interface. Plays a lead role in maintaining and fostering client relationships.
- Supports Senior Director of Strategy in developing and implementing practice growth.
- Actively participates and contributes in practice development teams and initiatives, leading multiple key initiatives.
- Significantly contributes to IA’s thought leadership through available channels including blog posts, white papers, speaking engagements and podcasts
- Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- 15+ years’ progressive experience working on commercial interior design projects. 8+ years’ experience doing strategy consulting.
- Working knowledge of the major phases of the design process.
- Extensive experience in consulting methodologies and practices.
- The ability to grasp the big picture while understanding the details.
- The ability to think and react quickly to project and client demands.
- Work well with clients at all levels of authority.
- A subject matter expert in strategy services.
- The ability to assess opportunities and act on them to further the advancement of the practice.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
- Extensive verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Direct presentation and graphic communication requirements.
- Manage and lead a local team through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise.
- Prepare work plans and manage a wide range of project types profitably.
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills.
All levels of Strategies staff have the same working conditions. For the majority of the time all staff will be working sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all persons without regard to their race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities.