Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting - Part-time and Work from Home - Austin, TX based!
at Intelligent Logistics
This is a GREAT opportunity for a A-player to work from home with a flexible and part-time schedule of 20-25 hours per week! Applicants should be based in the Austin, TX area for initial on-boarding and training purposes. Come join our happy team!
Do you want to be a part of an exciting culture? Intelligent Logistics, a fun loving, fast growing Austin-based company, is looking for "A" level candidates for our Accounting Clerk position. Our company’s accolades include:
- 2019 Top Work Places, Austin American Statesman
- 2019 Austin Fast 50, Austin Business Journal
- 2019 INC 5000, INC Magazine, Honor Award Recipient
- 2019 Texas Monthly, Top Workplaces in Texas
- 2018 INC 5000, INC Magazine, Honor Award Recipient
- 2018 Top Work Places, Austin American Statesman
- 2017 Top Work Places, Austin American Statesman
- 2017 Austin Fast 50, Austin Business Journal
- 2017 INC 5000, INC Magazine, Honor Award Recipient
Our company exists to take the often complex world of cargo transportation and make it SIMPLE for our clients so they become more successful, and we do this by living our 5 Core Values:
1.) Happy Team ("A" Players Only)
2.) Happy Clients (Long Term Relationships)
3.) Commitment to Excellence (Great, NOT Good)
4.) Self Driven Continuous Improvement (Learning and Growing)
5.) Integrity (Honest, Ethical, Respected
The primary role of the Accounting Clerk is to provide unparalleled customer service in alignment with our core values. We are looking for a team player who has a positive outlook and attitude. We are seeking a detail-oriented, mathematics lover with a self-driven, strong work ethic. This role has flexible hours, but with daily deadlines. The main tasks will be auditing costs, invoicing, and building + sending invoice packets for a key client. Onboarding requires a 2 week in-person (in-office) training period (flexible). The role is an 9-month independent contractor position with monthly incentives with a possibility of temp to hire and/or contractor renewal.
- Focuses on “Happy Clients” and ensures effective and proactive client (internal and external) communications and deliverables.
- Handles complex freight forwarding accounting functions for 1-2 key accounts, including but not limited to accurate and timely invoicing, data entry, and general phone/email support.
- Assists the Director of Freight Forwarding operations with daily tasks such as client excel reports and weekly KPI (Key Performance Indicators) analysis.
- May provide general assistance via tasks including; lunch ordering, errand running, general research, presentation preparation and general organization of departmental calendars/events.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Schedule: Part-time, hourly, flexible with hiring manager schedule approval
- Role Status: Independent Contractor
Prior professional accounting or administrative experience of 1-3 year is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required. Demonstrated ability to be reliable, professional, and punctual. Accounting degree preferred but not required.
Disclaimer: Tasks, duties and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. Intelligent Logistics, LLC, hereafter referred to as “The Company”, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Nothing in this job descriptions should be construed to create an employment contract.
Role status: Independent Contractor
Physical Requirements: Position requires: ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is low.
Intelligent Logistics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, marital status, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status and will not be discriminated against.