Integra LifeSciences Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Engineer, Product Development
at Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Vacancy ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Product Development
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra’s Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 4,500 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of implantable medical devices and related instrumentation.
Under direct supervision of the Product Development Manager
No direct reports
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Contribute to the development of product specifications, drawings, test protocols and reports, and other design outputs
- Provide appropriate documentation to support regulatory submissions, technical files, audits, and remediation
- Participate in risk management activities
- Research anatomical requirements of implants
- Support manufacturing process development and current processes
- Provide/review technical information to support the development of marketing tools such as brochures, technical bulletins, surgical techniques, etc
- Travel to industry trade shows, conventions, and off-site vendors to define and review functional related processes
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Individuals with 1-3 years in development of implantable medical devices.
- Must know basic designing with ProEngineer or other design software.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, possess multitasking capability, be computer literate, and be able to work independently.
- Basic understanding of GD&T