Integra LifeSciences Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Marketing - Upper Extremity Orthopedics
at Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Vacancy ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra’s Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 4,500 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
This position has global Extremity Orthopedics responsibilities including the successful commercialization of the Upper Extremity family of products (Hand to Shoulder). This person will be responsible for leading the marketing functions of Integra’s Upper Extremity portfolios and the attainment of current and long term marketing objectives. This individual will lead the upstream commercial assessment and lifecycle management for Integra’s Upper Extremity portfolio while supporting the downstream commercial execution of marketing tactics. This person will work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership team, Global commercial teams, Clinical team, R&D team and other functions to ensure long term growth goals are met. A key element to success in this assignment is the ability to impact both upstream and downstream marketing performance while providing coaching and development to an in-line marketing team. Key elements of the position include structuring the issues and analyses, managing work over multiple project and therapeutic teams, interacting with a wide range of key constituencies inside and outside the company and preparing and presenting recommendations to executive management. The person is also expected to provide a broad perspective on the Extremity Orthopedic areas of interest to Integra. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Marketing (Global Franchise Leader) Extremity Orthopedics - OTT.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop strategic direction for the Upper Extremities portfolio. Translate the direction into formal strategic plans, marketing plans and objectives to guide the business. Activities include leading the execution of market and competitive analyses, business portfolio analyses, product lifecycle management, portfolio gap analyses.
- Lead commercial product launch activities; drive consistent and impactful marketing methodologies.
- Lead product planning, positioning, pricing, and promotion activities for current product portfolio.
- Interact with Sales Operations, Sales Management and Field Sales personnel to guide and support selling activities to meet sales revenue and operating earnings targets.
- Interact with Supply Chain and Logistics functions to develop product forecasts and proactively manage inventory supply issues.
- Develop detailed marketing budgets and manage expenses.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key clinicians and thought leaders in the industry.
- Mentor and develop marketing personnel; provide continuous performance feedback, and conduct all required performance planning, assessment and review activities.
- Effectively implement problem solving skills and techniques to identify potential issues, assess their impact, and develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities.
- Employ excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with all levels of personnel and management to facilitate information flow and decision making.
- In collaboration with global marketing partners, develop long term strategies and plans to drive growth in existing product areas and new growth market segments.
- Develop and manage processes for strategic buying process mapping, revenue forecasting, modeling existing and new markets, product pipeline planning, customer needs assessment, market segmentation, competitor analysis, market share analysis, and similar activities.
- Conduct project scoping, chartering, process improvement and change management
- Expert use of market research and analysis tools, methods, and resources. Plan and conduct market research and analysis activities, gathering data from secondary market sources, aggregating and synthesizing data and drawing meaningful insights
- Understand and track critical aspects of external environment including payers, regulations, competitors, clinician behaviors, patient statistics and other dynamics.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- College degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Orthopedics experience with a focus on shoulder and upper extremity products preferred.
- 7+ years of hospital-focused, senior marketing experience within a medical device or pharmaceutical company is required.
- Global medical device/pharmaceutical marketing experience required with direct experience in marketing in US and International markets.
- Medical device or pharmaceutical sales experience preferred.
- Operating room product/technology experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading large-scale, healthcare strategy projects with proven results
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem-solving approach, and manage execution
- Ability to challenge the status quo, drive innovative thinking and provide superior leadership to the broader team in order to successfully execute the strategy.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successfully managing/developing marketing and sales personnel.
- Strong project management and excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, specifically marketing and financial analysis
- Excellent strategic planning and marketing science skills
- Experience in financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and developing business plans
- Additional skills demonstrated in: developing pricing and margin analysis, P&L working knowledge, ability to develop and lead advanced training, and understand complexities and applicability of regulatory, clinical and r&d requirements.
Travel: Must be able to travel via car and/or airplane to domestic and international sites.
Approximately 40% travel required.
Tools and Equipment Used: Normal office environment: must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Suite of Products including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook or similar.