Located in Austin, Texas, our client is a leader in outsourced administrative services, providing business solutions to companies of all stages and in all industries. We are growing and seeking to add an experienced accounting manager to our staff. The position is responsible for delivering the outsourced accounting operation for multiple clients and serving as the direct point of contact with the client.
Staff Accountant and Payroll Specialist
If you strive for excellence through organization and attention to detail, coupled with an ability to solve problems and apply mathematical operations to such tasks as account reconciliation, payroll, work paper preparation and other month-end closing procedures as assigned, then please apply today!
The Staff Accountant and Payroll Specialist will oversee the processing of weekly/bi-monthly payrolls into multiple payroll software platforms (ADP, QuickBooks, TriNet, Paychex, Insperity, PSMPR and others), including processing of new hires, terminations, transfers and any other payroll status changes.
Your tenacity and dedication to reaching your goals are crucial for our continued success, as we expect you to possess the following:
- Financial reporting
- Assistance with budgeting and forecasting
- Month-end close
- Reconciling Balance Sheet accounts
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Audit support
- Coordination with the payroll, HR and tax department staff
- Collect weekly time sheets and calculate employee hours paid
- Run labor/job cost posting
- Prepare general ledger entries related to payroll
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years Staff Accountant
- 3+ years payroll
- 2 - 3 years in public accounting a plus
- Knowledgeable regarding current accounting standards
- Experienced with QuickBooks desktop software and related apps
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Comprehensive benefit package and a supportive working environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ALI