Outside Sales Representative
For our client, it’s about solutions and people. They focus on our ability to connect innovative solutions with expertise and customer care and are looking for new members to join their team. If you believe in the power of advanced pattern recognition and machine learning, in the value of helping others, and in the importance of doing the undoable, then we have an opportunity for you!
Success in the role is going to take someone that is extremely sharp, knows the market and has the wherewithal to slug it out in a competitive environment. We need someone with a determined work ethic and a high activity level in order to be successful. You can’t be afraid to hear “no” and you view the unmovable obstacle, not as a challenge, but an achievable chance to make a difference. If this sounds like you, then you’ll find that our client is an ideal place to nurture that perspective and build a rewarding, long lasting career.
As the Outside Sales Representative, you will work to identify and generate new business opportunities by utilizing their solution, client and communication expertise. A large component of this position will be prospecting through cold calling, emailing and networking.
If you have an engineering or operations background in the process and industry and are looking to take on the challenge of sales, please apply.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must be willing to travel 35% of time. Regional travel may be required.
- Identifying sales opportunities and generating leads from your network and various tools, including LinkedIn and cold calls.
- Analyzing software market trends and client needs.
- Creating and sustaining close relationships with the process industry community.
- Creating and implementing effective sales strategies in order to achieve sales targets.
- Delivering strategic message to customers, partners and the industry.
- Preparing sales presentations and proposals and conducting contract negotiations that are always customer-focused.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of the solutions to address client inquiries and concerns and effectively communicating to the customer how the solutions address the customer’s needs (both stated and unstated).
- Attending marketing related seminars, conferences and exhibitions.
- Diligence and persistence: leads are not provided.
- Systematic in your use of cold calling, emailing, and other avenues to generate leads.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Prior experience in enterprise software sales or process industry solution selling is preferred but not required.
- Preference to use technology like a CRM to improve the sales process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ZR