Project Manager - Commercial Construction (Austin)
Our client is a high growth commercial real estate developer and construction firm that is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Construction Project Manager in Austin, TX. This position is full-time and compensation is highly competitive. They are looking for a dynamic individual that is eager for a rewarding challenge and yearns to make a big impact on a growing company.
As Construction Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful completion of all aspects of ground-up commercial construction projects including client relations, quality, timeliness, and profitability. This is a critical member of their organization as you will facilitate their work and represent their clients and the construction community our incredibly high-quality standards. In this role, you take the lead in project permitting, bidding, scheduling, material and labor procurement, as well as project field support when necessary.
The successful candidate will uphold the company’s unmatched consistency in delivering successful and efficient projects for our clients and can improve upon the efficiency and effectiveness of future projects.
Job Responsibilities of the Construction Project Manager includes, but is not limited to:
- Lead in the research and assembly of appropriate subcontractors and material suppliers. This includes selecting reliable subs and using them as a source of information and knowledge, always striving to maintain and expand a quality subcontractor and supplier network.
- Obtain, maintain, and manage information, communication, schedule and approvals required by project requirements between the owner, city officials, Architects, Engineers, etc.
- Partner with the Site Superintendent to develop the initial project plan to allow for a smooth transition into job start-up. Acts as a resource to on-site workers during all construction phases to clarify scope of work or changes in work, including materials and methods of construction.
- Gatekeeper of all project contracts, drawings, estimates, submittals, and specifications; ensuring all documents comply with construction/project requirements.
- Management, coordination, and inspection of contractor work while the project is in progress and be able to contribute feedback that might make work safer, cheaper, cleaner, lower impact or any other way improve the operational success of the company’s projects.
- Track the completion of Punch List items at the end of a project to ensure that they are being taken care of in a timely manner. Maintain contact with building tenants to coordinate completion of any warranty work.
- Using all available resources to assist in solving urgent problems that arise in the field during construction.
- College or Associate degree with 5+ years of experience in commercial GROUND UP construction project management.
- Prefer candidates with experience managing smaller projects ($1M - $5M).
- High level of attention to detail, highly analytical with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines; strong follow-up skills and ability to organize timelines.
- Working knowledge of all crafts with an ability to read and understand specifications and plans for all trades.
- Strong technical and non-technical written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficient in Microsoft Office; Procore experience a PLUS!
- Highly competitive compensation
- Group Healthcare and Dental Care Insurance
- Retirement Savings Match Plan (Simple IRA)