iFLY Indoor Skydiving
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at iFLY Indoor Skydiving
Technical Buyer position requires tactical execution of sourcing strategies aligned with established business requirements. Additionally, the position supports the implementation of sourcing strategies to achieve lowest total costs and quality improvement as well as contract negotiations. Partners closely with the construction and engineering teams to ensure understanding of the needs of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfills direct and indirect material requirements for a domestic supplier of products and services on time in accordance with material planning and purchasing procedures.
- Negotiates and implements lower purchasing prices on required supplier products and services.
- Manages, implements, and maintains professional business relationships with suppliers to enhance purchasing quality, cost savings, and services.
- Qualifies new suppliers and manages the performance of existing suppliers in accordance with supplier management procedure.
- Manages and maintains supplier quality in accordance with supplier management procedure
- Manages the introduction of new supplier products and services in accordance with the commercial component release and project management procedures.
- Maintain and improve where the possible daily tiered structure for the procurement process. Additionally, strengthen & document escalation process.
- Effective and timely communication with all groups within the organization or to external customers.
- Submits timely reports as requested by Manager including cost savings reporting.
- Keeps current on all business activities (product, pricing, mergers, buyouts, etc.) for assigned supplier base. Monitors supplier product pipeline changes managing supplier product end of life issues and the rollout of new supplier components. Coordinates the introduction of new supplier components with the Product Structure Specialist. Ensures no excess inventory or material shortages result from supplier product offering changes.
- Assists Marketing and Engineering by contracting with suppliers for evaluation products in support of development of new products, as required.
- Maintain suggested inventory levels by leveraging the system for efficient procurement planning activities.
- Participates in assigned projects as a team player or project leader.
- Manage tunnel purchase requirement from all iFLY US locations.
- Create new procurement processes to manage efficiently tunnels requirements.
- Support and collaborate with Operations team for new tunnel openings.
- Support and collaborate with the Finance team for tunnels indirect spend to align with business goals.
- Up to 15% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
Work Experience Requirement:
- 3 or more years’ experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- Must be proficient using MS Office Suite products
- Must be able to analyze data and make recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills