Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) First Assist - Surgery, Weekdays Only
at Hospital Corporation of America
St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. The 378-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility is dedicated to the highest level of women's health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, heart and vascular center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery, and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David's Children's Hospital. In 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, the hospital earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
- Assumes responsibility of assisting surgeons as first assist.
- Functions under direction and supervision of surgeon and in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations.
- Responsible for reviewing the back table and/or preference card to ensure preparedness.
- Assists in patient positioning.
- Preps surgical site and drapes patient within surgeon's guidelines.
- Responsible for placement of pneumatic tourniquet and urinary catheter.
- Assists in maintaining hemostasis by direct pressure, use and application of appropriate surgical instruments for the task, placement of ties and suture ligatures, application of chemical hemostatic agents, or other measures as directed by the surgeon.
- Assist in retracting tissues per surgeon's directive.
- Clamp, ligation and cutting of tissue, per surgeon's directive.
- Assist in placement and suturing of surgical drains.
- Closure of all wound layers (fascia, subcutaneous and skin) as per surgeon's directive.
- Prepare grafts as directed by surgeon.
Required: Graduation from an accredited high school or GED certificate. Completion of accredited Nursing Program.
- Current Texas RN License
- Current BCLS certification issued by the American Heart Association
- Current RNFA Certification
- Current CNOR Certification