Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hospital Corporation of America
HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OFDUTIES: Contributesto the company's mission, vision, and values by reviewing medical recordsdocumentation to select the appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes, sequencing,and assigning from the ICD-10-CM and HCPCS CPT coding applications. Applies allappropriate coding guidelines and criteria for code selections and adheres to Companyand HCA-ASD Coding Compliance Policies and Procedures for the assignment ofcomplete, accurate, timely, and consistent codes for diagnoses and procedures.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUTARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Codesoutpatient surgery center(s) records in a timely manner, including theassignment of ICD-10-CM, E/M, Procedure Categories, modifiers (when applicable),and HCPCS/CPT procedure codes.
· Resolves/clarifiescodes and diagnosis with conflicting, missing, or unclear information byappropriately utilizing the query tool to get additional information from theMedical Staff as necessary.
· Ensuresthat 3M encoder updates are processed timely/upon receipt to ensure use of themost current coding information.
· Codesbilling supplies and implants; furnishes completed coding information asnecessary to bill cases.
· Assistsbusiness office management with any special projects related to coding issuesor questions that may include medical records audits and other coding/HIMsupport, as appropriate.
· Collectsdata and prepares reports of findings.
· Assistswith preparation for AAAHC and/or State reviews.
· Sharesknowledge of the reporting and the disposition of medical records (statisticalreports).
· Guidesothers to follow the state standards related to the release of information frommedical records and assists with determining the appropriate release of medicalinformation.
· Initiatesphysician queries in compliance with ASD guidelines/policies where appropriate.
· Reviewsall official data quality standards, coding guidelines, company policies andprocedures, and clinical/medical resources to assure coding knowledge andskills remain current.
· Utilizesthe complete medical record's documentation in code assignment.
· Consultswith the business office management for assistance with resolving issues, asneeded.
· Meetsall educational requirements as stated in HCA-ASD policies.
· Practicesand adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and ValueStatement”.
· Crosstrains and performs other duties as assigned based on business operationalneeds.
· Codesan average of 80-150 charts per day.
· Meetsrequired education hours.
· Utilizes3M coding software in coding process for each account and/or Regs for assistance whenunsure of proper coding.
· Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) orRegistered Health Information Administrators (RHIA) college degreepreferred.
· Completedcoursework in Human Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, Introductionto Coding (including ICD-10 and CPT) preferred.
· Minimum (2) years experience in outpatientcoding and/or Health Information Management required.
· Minimum (1) year of experience in a medicaloffice setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital,doctors office) preferred.
· Coding certification from AAPC, AHEMApreferred.
· BLS may be required as per facility standard.