Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Social Worker - Weekdays
at Hospital Corporation of America
- Comprehensive assessment which takes into account the patient's current and prospective functional capacities, resources and support systems and documentation of plan in chart.
- Development and implementation of patient-centered treatment goals and plans utilizing appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Active listening and supportive counseling.
- Collaborative formulation of appropriate and realistic patient-centered discharge plans including the arrangement of any necessary follow-up services such as durable medical equipment, home health and/or placement.
- Advocacy in support of the patient's right to self-determination.
- Acting as a liaison between patients, families, visitors, physicians, GHS staff and/or other community service providers.
- Community information and referral.
- Thorough and timely documentation regarding the patient's problems, goals, plans and/or relevant Social Work interventions.
- Participation in and/or facilitation of Interdisciplinary Care Conferences.
- Timely attendance at and positive, active participation in departmental meetings.
- Education and/or consultation services to patients, families, visitors, physicians, GHS staff and the community regarding issues such as: Human behavior, psychosocial components of illness, disability, hospitalization, and/or end-of-life care. Advance directives. Community resources.
Required: Master's Degree in Social Work
Required: Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, computer skills
Preferred: Medical Social Work experience
Required: Current Texas Social Work licensure (acceptable licensure includes LMSW, LMSW-AP and LMSW-ACP