Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Data Analyst
at Hospital Corporation of America
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized in 2014 with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Founded in 1924, St. David's Medical Center is a full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care at three locations—St. David's Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David's Georgetown Hospital.
Located in central Austin, St. David's Medical Center includes a 350-bed acute care hospital and a 64- bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women's services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region's largest and most sophisticated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
- Collect, analyze and prepare data for ongoing data requests and reports.
- Writing of data queries and reports to collect data.
- Record review for data collection and/or confirmation.
- Preparation of numeric or graphical data presentations as needed.
- Data entry as required.
- Manage the data input, database management, and report writing from central database systems, such as Meditech.
- Must possess exceptional computer skills and demonstrate proficiency in using Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint, which are all necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports. Analyze, track and trend data, and utilize performance improvement tools and techniques, such as graphs, run charts, control charts in performance improvement reports.
- Maintain integrity of system data elements, troubleshoot and fix discrepancies and submit data on schedule.
- Work directly with the Infection Prevention Director, Senior Quality Director, Chief Medical Director, Quality Director, and Quality Manager to provide and present data summaries as requested.
- Participate and contribute to the campus Quality Committee and the Enterprise Quality Committee (SDH, HHA, GTH and Rehab) as well as quality/process improvement activities.
- Coordinates and prepares meetings, and documentation of minutes at specific designated meetings. Collaborate within and across the facility in order to understand data requirements.
- Develop logical and conceptual data flows that are in support of departmental project requirements and guides various departments in appropriate and effective use of data.