Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment Technician - Field
at HOLT CAT
- Works safely at all times and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Performs basic to intermediate repairs and minimal troubleshooting offsite with minimal supervision
- Performs basic to intermediate troubleshooting and minimal diagnoses of equipment malfunctions and failures
- Removes and install parts, disassembles and assembles components to CAT specifications
- Tests, makes adjustments, and verifies proper operation of all repairs and adjustments
- Prepares and completes all job-related documents, writes service reports, orders parts, and maintains clear customer records; in addition, accesses databases required to complete the job
- Operates equipment and vehicles with possession of all necessary licenses and certificates
- Maintains service vehicle inspection records, daily inspections and driver logs as required by the Department of Transportation
- Adheres to contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
- Maintains all company equipment, tools, and the vehicle in a good, clean, and working order
- Communicates job progress to supervisor and customer as needed
- Completes assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate time and re-work standards
- Works overtime as required by workload and customers’ needs
- Completes all assigned Technician Training Path courses and safety training in a timely and proficient manner
- Projects professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance; may be relied upon to act as a mentor to lower level Technicians
- Requires regular and punctual employee attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate must have the following skills or abilities:
- Troubleshoot and perform complex repairs correctly in the field such as pumps, hydraulic, engine, transmissions, HVAC and electrical issues and repairs.
- At least 3 years of field or shop service tech troubleshooting and repair skills of heavy equipment such as dozers, backhoes, front-end loaders, excavators, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers and employees in a professional manner.
- Must have own tools.
- Ability to be productive by working efficiently and effectively with a high energy level.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must have a clean and valid driver's license.
- CDL - Class B required or must be obtained within 60 days of employment.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, please complete our online application by applying directly on our website at: http://www.holtcat.com/careers. We also provide excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation and holiday pay.
- HOLT CAT (and related entities) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions at HOLT CAT and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
- It is the policy and commitment of HOLT CAT and related entities to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on our website.