Core & Main
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Waterworks Management Trainee
at Core & Main
- Job ID
- Job Post Category
- Remote Position?
- Position Type
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
This is an entry-level cross functional program that develops employees for future roles as successful managers, accomplished outside sales professionals, and key operations personnel. This competitive program is designed to attract the very best talent. Participants will complete a program that includes rotational assignments in various segments of the branch business with on-the-job training. Program associates act as role models of professionalism, ethical behavior and utilize effective decision making at all times. Program associates must thrive on challenge and a changing environment, while demanding continuous learning in a competitive, fast paced environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Rotate in various department roles and classroom seminars with the purpose of matching the individual with that best matches interests, skills, and abilities.
- Learn key interfaces with within each area of business as well as company culture.
- Experience hands-on training need to learn business process and procedure.
Nature and Scope
- Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis, techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, and inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time..
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Certification may be required in some areas. Generally 0-2 years of experience in related field OR MS/MA and generally 0-1 year of experience in related field.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Demonstrated history of holding effective leadership positions (e.g., associations, college groups, etc.).
*PLEASE NOTE RELOCATION WILL BE REQUIRED