HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at HCA Physician Services Group
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 21223-76184
Categories: Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic (ADC) serves the Central Texas and surrounding communities with over 140 primary and specialty care providers within 22 medical specialties. We have been providing compassionate care and excellent service to our fellow Central Texans since 1952. We are proud to have been recognized for excellence in medicine and for being pioneers in new technologies.
Now, as part of HCA Physician Services Group*, we will continue to provide the same level of service and care to our growing community.
At ADC, our Vision is to be the premier multi-specialty clinic providing compassionate care and excellent service. We treat our coworkers and patients like family. This is an important aspect of our work environment and something we portray in our day-to-day interactions.
If you are a healthcare professional with similar goals, this could be your opportunity to make a lasting impact with our patients.
As a Phlebotomist in our practice, you will function as a champion of patient care who handles the collection of blood and other specimens from patients and ensures quality standards are met.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Preparing, cleaning and sterilizing equipment, instruments, and work area for collection.
- Performing venipuncture, arterial, and capillary punctures on patients.
- Manages collection data including identifying and labeling specimens, conducting laboratory testing, and entering laboratory data into the computer system.
- Performs additional collection/tests procedures such as bleeding time tests, urine dipstick tests, sweat chloride collection, and/or Drug of Abuse urine collection when needed.
- Graduation from an accredited phlebotomy program or an Associate's degree in a scientific or health-related field is required.
- One year of experience as a Phlebotomist, Certified Medical Assistant, or EMT is required.
- Experience using an EHR system is extremely helpful.
- Current and unrevoked phlebotomy certification is highly preferred.
*The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career. Interested in learning more about us? Click here to get to know us!