HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Paramedic Midshift 3PM-3AM with Weekend Rotation
at HCA Physician Services Group
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system, ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of the emergency department patient. Considers principles of emergency care while assisting the RN to formulate an appropriate plan of care for the patient.
- Documentation is consistent, complete, thorough and legible.
- Patient care is administered based on Hospital and Departmental specific standards of care and practice.
- The Paramedic involves the patient and/or significant other(s) in the patient's care. Education/instruction are provided specific to the patient's health care needs and age requirements.
- Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance with Hospital policies and practice guidelines.
- Physician orders are carried out accurately in providing direct patient care within scope of practice. Assures that other departments are notified of orders and services are needed.
- Accepts only physician's verbal in accordance with practice guidelines. Orders are written accurately to include date, time and physician giving order.
- Notifies the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes of patient status as appropriate.
- Considers age-related factors/limitations in the education of patients. Applies knowledge and principles of age-related factors appropriately in teaching situations.
- Ensures patient's right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Assumes responsibility for the care of assigned patients. Patient care activities are organized and prioritized..Contributes to the smooth functioning of the Unit by offering help to other staff members. Assists with patient care functions beyond those assigned within the Paramedic scope of practice.
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports too the Charge Nurse and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- Performs Unit-specific responsibilities such as narcotic counts, crash cart checks and cleaning of equipment and work areas
- Performs venipuncture, administers and maintains IV fluids and IV medications in accordance with Hospital practice guidelines. Correctly labels, calculates and regulates the flow of IV solutions. Documents pertinent information related to IV therapies.
- Prepares patients for surgical and other invasive procedures.
- Maintains competencies required by Hospital, Unit and position.
- Maintains safe, effective working knowledge of equipment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the crash cart, emergency equipment and code procedures.
- Takes into consideration the spiritual, psycho-social, cultural and religious preferences of the patient and family when participating in care.
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA's and “Patients First” safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
- Organizes and maintains cleanliness of patient rooms and work environment.
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic/Licensed Paramedic with 1 year of field or hospital experience
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- PALS within 6 months of hire
1 year of field experience preferred