HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Surgical Tech II (Labor & Delivery) - Nights w/ Weekend Rotation
at HCA Physician Services Group
St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which wasrecognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. The 378-bed multi-specialty, acute carefacility is dedicated to the highest level of women's health services,including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at theadjacent St. David's Women's Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department,the Texas Institute for RoboticSurgery, the Bariatric Center, heartand vascular center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program,inpatient and outpatient surgery, and acute inpatient and outpatientrehabilitation, among many others. St. David's North Austin Medical Center isalso home to St. David's Children's Hospital. In 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, the hospital earned anational distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
The responsibilities of the SurgicalTechnologist will be appointed by the Director and will include but not limitedto the following: Perform all duties listed in the NAMC Policy and ProcedureManual, Policy No. 7010-014 entitled Responsibilities of the RN Circulator andScrub Personnel as outlined under the responsibilities of the scrub personnel.To work as a member of the surgical team in the O.R. and on the unit, assistingthe surgeon(s) during surgical procedures and non-surgical procedures. Must beable to initiate case preparation, anticipate needs of the surgeon, patient andother members of the scrub team. Must be a self motivator with a strongsurgical conscience. Must be willing to precept other members of the surgicalteam.
Participatesin providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows serviceexcellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Provide surgery technical assistance including but not limited to: • Aseptic technique and universal precautions
- Anatomy (Structural) and Physiology
- Basic Instruments common to surgical procedures including names, function and appearance
- Surgical Procedures pertaining to OB-GYN such as:
- Cesarean Section
- Bilateral Tubal Ligation
- Vaginal Delivery
- D&C and Suction D&C
- Vaginal repair
- Cerclage Placement & Removal
- Fetal Surgery
- Must have knowledge of patient's rights and legal limitations of the Surgical Technologist role.
- Basic patient emergency procedures such as current CPR certified, Crash Cart , Anesthesia Machine, MH Cart, Invasive Cart and Intubation Cart knowledge.
- Pharmacology – common drugs used in surgery including:
- Patient Safety
- Patient care skills include skin prep for procedures, positioning of patients and intraoperative care which to include Foley placement and securement.
- Will be responsible for scrubbing in to accepted standards, gowning/gloving self and others on surgical team, recognizing and correcting break in sterile technique, initiating counts during surgical procedures and passing instruments.
- Will be responsible for retracting tissue, clamping bleeders for hemostasis, clamping tissue for retraction, cut suture and remove suture.
- Application of fundal pressure during Cesarean Section to facilitate delivery.
- Apply suture.
- Apply dressing post surgical procedure.
- Obtaining, care and handling of specimens including collection of Cord Blood collection for lab purposes, Cord Blood banking procedures, umbilical cord gas collection, procedures for fetal demise, placenta placement and all surgical specimens per Surgeon's order.
- Setting up and breaking down sterile field.
- Transporting and transferring patients.
- Working as a team while understanding role delineation such as assisting the surgeon under the direction of the surgeon.
- Maintenance of anesthesia machines and epidural carts in the maternity operating rooms.
- Maintenance of special procedure carts i.e.:
- Difficult Intubation and Invasive Cart
- Emergency Hysterectomy Cart
- Cesarean Section Cart
- Maintenance of log books i.e.: autoclave, temperature logs, isolation monitoring log
- Maintenance of supplies/stock in the L&D unit.
- Employee's conduct must reflect the Company'svalues and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
- Employee reflects SDH Service Excellencestandards in every interaction.