Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tutor III - Bilingual Support - Science Hall ES
at Hays CISD
$125 – Fully certified (degreed)
$95 – Bachelor’s degree
$75 – Not certified, no degree
Provide supplemental instructional support to students not meeting academic expectations in Reading, Math, Science, and/or Writing with inclusive support to the general education teacher and/or small group instruction. This position is designed to provide supplemental, instructional support to help ensure that children who are limited English proficient (LEP) attain English proficiency at high levels in core academic subjects and can meet state mandated achievement performance standards.
High school diploma
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferred minimum
Valid Texas teaching certificate, preferred
Proficient in English and Spanish (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking)
Knowledge of best instructional practices and strategies
Knowledge of TEKS and student expectations
Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Effective decision-making skills
Knowledge of RTI process
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist support teachers in the delivery of a strongly aligned district curriculum.
- Analyze student achievement data and use results for instructional interventions.
- Determine and instructional intervention strategies that reflect understanding of the diverse needs of students.
- Provide tutoring to students in individual and/or small group settings situations through acceleration and remediation.
- Provide linguistic support to students that are limited English proficient.
Student Growth and Development
- Establish and maintain open communication.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with students.
- Support collegiality and team building among staff members.
- Maintain a professional relationship with students, colleagues, parents, interns, administrators and community members.
- Assist in creating a positive school climate.
- Communicate learning objectives mastered and linguistic acquisition skills acquired by student with core teacher.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in Professional development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Assist in supporting Special’s teachers on a limited basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment Used: Computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, printer, interactive white board, document camera, digital camera, and software necessary for administrative and educational tasks.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
Acknowledgement of receipt
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)