Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Pool - Child Nutrition
at Hays CISD
Job Title: Substitute - Child Nutrition
Pay Grade: AU01
Substitute at any one of the school cafeterias in Hays CISD during the absence of the production specialist under the supervision of the cafeteria manager or designated representative.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Current County Food Handlers Certification
Must be sufficiently proficient in the English language to permit the employee to communicate in the workplace.
Ability to understand verbal instructions and written work-related documentation such as manuals, recipes, and safety rules.
Must be able to perform basic arithmetic operations requiring addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
None required. Training will be provided on the job as an on-going endeavor without regard to length of service or skills.
White shirt without graphics
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Prepare or assist with the preparation of menu items as outlined on the food production record or as instructed by the manager within a given time frame.
2. Follow standardized recipes and be able to increase or decrease with accuracy.
3. Set up service lines and serve customers with a reasonable degree of speed.
4. Assist the manager in maintaining precise food production records by consistently and accurately reporting any food prepared or discarded.
5. Assist in the clean up process by putting food away, washing pots and pans, sweeping and mopping, carry out trash, and putting stock away.
6. Demonstrate sound safety and sanitation practices.
7. Present an image of professionalism by following department guidelines for personal hygiene and dress code.
8. Recognize and complete tasks without supervision.
9. Demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, and a willingness to perform any additional duties as assigned by the manager.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Use of large and small institutional kitchen equipment including electric slicer, mixer, tilt skillet, steamer, convection oven, and sharp/serrated cutting tools.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Must be able to lift 25 lbs without assistance and on occasion repetitively. Work in a fast pace environment, and stand for extended periods of time. Moderate exposure to extreme temperature changes. Walking, pushing, pulling, carrying, some stooping, bending, and twisting. Maintain emotional control under stress.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)