Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SPED Instructional Aide III - Social Behavior - Fuentes ES
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: PP04; 187 days; 8 hrs/day
Assist in implementing the students’ Individual Educational Plan (IEP), including instructional programs, self-help/personal care, and behavior management inside and outside the classroom. Participates in selecting, planning, organizing, and evaluating materials and assists the teacher with routine tasks.
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Texas Educational Aide Certificate (or obtain if recommended for a position) or valid Texas teacher certificate
Meet Highly Qualified requirements (have a minimum of 48 college hours or have successfully completed a TEA approved
Preferred Special Knowledge/Skills:
Knowledge of behavior management and positive reinforcement
Knowledge of Individual Education Plans for students
Ability to collect data and maintain student records
Strong communication skills
Ability to collaborate and adapt to the styles of other professionals
SAMA (Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression) Certification preferred
Previous experience with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Instruct students and groups of students under the teacher’s direction.
- Provides assistance to teacher in preparation, usage, and storage of instructional materials.
- Assist the teacher in maintaining appropriate learning activities and environment in order that students may learn in a positive, encouraging way.
- Follows established schedule and approved lesson plans.
- Accompanies and assists students in all campus and instructional settings.
- Collaborate with related service providers and other Sped supervisory personnel.
- Provide support for students with varying disabilities.
- Assist in assessment routines and provision of accommodations.
- Learn and implement evidence-based practices.
- Help to determine special needs of individual students and to adapt materials and/or behavior intervention strategies overseen by assigned teacher.
- Record and report academic and behavioral data for progress monitoring purposes.
- Help manage student behavior, including intervening in crisis situations.
- Provide a positive, calm, and consistent learning environment for students.
- Obtain and maintain SAMA certification, and implement those skills.
- Assist in maintaining student records, including grades, attendance, and student folders.
- Assist in keeping accurate inventories of equipment and materials as well as care and maintenance.
- Obtain and disseminates information regarding student lessons and progress.
- Assist teacher with scheduling meetings and parent conferences as needed.
- Performs clerical duties such as duplicating, filing, and maintaining student records.
- Help meet the individual needs of students, including transferring them to and from wheelchairs, lifting and positioning them, and signing or interpreting instructions for them.
- Support documentation that personal care services were provided as required.
- Support students during community-based/vocational training sites, and field trips.
- Support and/or monitor transitions on/off the school bus (possibly in inclement weather), or possibly supporting students while being transported.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Participates in professional development to further develop skills, faculty/team meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Keeps staff/teacher informed of special needs and other student issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Assist in maintaining an organized, clean environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Maintain consistency of instructional and other routine supports when the teacher is out of the classroom, or when there is a guest teacher in attendance.
Copier, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, and audiovisual equipment
Software necessary for administrative and educational tasks
Assistive Technology and other specialized instructional equipment
Specialized personal care, hygiene, and health-related equipment
Physically able to lift/control up to 50 lbs.
Frequent standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, pushing and pulling
Possible exposure to bacteria or communicable diseases
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)