Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PEIMS Clerk ES
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: PP05, 204 Days
Work with Student Information Systems (SIS) to satisfy the State and District guidelines for the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) for the campus. Ensure compliance with Texas Education Agency (TEA) and PEIMS requirements regarding student enrollment, attendance accounting, computer input, and maintenance of records while creating a positive relationship with parents, teachers, and students. Affect a positive school climate through a professional and efficient manner.
High school diploma or equivalent
Proficient skills in data entry
Experience working with children and parents
Ability to maintain accurate records
Effective organization, clear communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Ability to follow instructions
Ability to meet established deadlines
Must be detail oriented, flexible, and possess effective time management skills
Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Work with minimal supervision
Ability to work as a member of a team
Ability to work with students with behavior problems and upset parents
Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student information
Data entry experience
Previous school experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as campus PEIMS coordinator.
- Serve as the Campus Registrar, managing the enrolling and withdrawing of students, including distribution of information to appropriate personnel regarding new student enrollees.
- Follow procedures and adhere to timelines detailed in the Student Procedures Manual.
- Coordinate procedures for each grading cycle, including printing and distributing grade reports.
- Perform grade entry verifications, including printing reports, communicating with teachers, ensuring teachers post grades, and occasionally enter grades.
- Verify staff responsibility codes for Fall and Summer PEIMS collections.
- Accurately enter, verify, and update all student PEIMS data records.
- Schedule students into classes and assist with master schedule entry into SIS.
- Verify student information in PEIMS UID database and research all UID errors.
- Manage TREX requests and process responses.
Serve as the campus custodian of student cumulative folders.
Perform 1st and 4th six-week membership reconciliations.
Actively participate in SIS audits and make all required corrections within timelines provided.
Distribute reports to appropriate special programs staff for review within district timelines.
Audit campus discipline records, including discipline data entry as needed.
Perform first day and end of year procedures as defined in the Student Procedures Manual.
Provide backup support for attendance clerk.
Assist parents with questions on Parent and Student Self-Serve portals, attendance, and online registration.
Assist with Aimsweb score entry and class set-up.
Attend training as required by SIS.
Assist campus personnel with the student information system and reports.
Run campus reports as requested by administrators, teachers, substitutes, and other campus staff.
May be required to help with LPACs and entering TELPAS scores (as directed by campus administrator).
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Personal computer, telephone, printer, copier, fax machine, scanners, and calculator.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Constant interruptions and sometimes noisy conditions.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)