Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NSHE - Monitor I (Lunchroom)
at Hays CISD
Job Title: Lunchroom Monitor I
Pay Grade: AU01 (175 Day Calendar ; 2 - 3.75 hrs)
Facilitate order among students in the cafeteria during lunch periods.
High school diploma or equivalent (not required at the time of hire)
Must be sufficiently proficient in the English language to permit the employee to communicate in the workplace, report accidents involving students and summon help, and to understand verbal instructions and written work-related documentation such as manuals and safety rules
Must have the ability to proactively communicate with principal, faculty, staff, students, and parents
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Monitor student behavior during lunch periods to ensure compliance with district and campus policy.
2. Monitor activity in gender-appropriate cafeteria restrooms.
3. Assist with orderly evacuation of students in the event of an emergency.
4. Assist individual students with infrequent needs such as unexpected illness or injury.
5. Assist with cafeteria clean-up, including table roll-away.
6. Attend training courses applicable to the responsibilities of this position.
7. Maintain emotional control under stress.
8. Present an image of professionalism by following department guidelines for personal hygiene and dress code.
9. Recognize and complete tasks without being told.
10. Demonstrate a positive attitude.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
This position is limited to no more than three hours per school day. Interaction and communication with elementary school, middle school, and/or high school students. Interaction and communication with principal, faculty, staff, students, and parents. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance and, on occasion, repetitively. Must work in a fast paced environment. Must stand for extended periods of time. Duties require walking, carrying, some stooping, bending, and twisting.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)