Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NSHE - General Maintenance Tech
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: M-F, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Standard hours, may include overtime and weekends as needed
To perform general maintenance and/or clerical tasks in district with the maintenance and operations department.
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Some knowledge of building codes
Ability to communicate and follow verbal and written instructions;
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and schematics
Ability to operate lifts, hand, and electric tools Ability to operate motor vehicle
Two years of experience in construction or maintenance.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Construct and repair outdoor equipment including handrails, fences, gates, bleachers, bicycle racks, playscapes, fall zones, etc.
- Assist with construction and remodel building interiors – wood and/or metal framing, installation of door frames, window openings and installation of sheetrock or
- Assist with construction of decks, steps, ramps (ADA compliance) handrails, underpinning, etc. for portable classroom
- Installation and repairs of concrete sidewalks, pads, fence post, signs, etc.
- Make minor repairs of windows – minor glass replacement, weather stripping, weather proofing and caulking.
- Install, repair, replace drop ceiling
- Maintain shop
- Responsible for keeping truck stocked to make timely general maintenance
- Respond to emergencies as
- Report unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Assist in painting of district facilities (interior and exterior), including crosswalks and fire
- Assist all Maintenance departments as needed
- Assist with clerical duties as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Power and hand tools, ladders, material handling, other tools needed to perform maintenance tasks, personal computer, district radio, and telephone.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent district wide travel, continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, heavy lifting, and carrying (must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.). Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Work outside and inside and exposure to extreme temperatures. Work around fumes and other toxic chemicals.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 13, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)