Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Monitor II - Lunchroom Monitor/Crossing Guard
at Hays CISD
Lunchroom Monitor & Crossing Guard
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: AU01; 175 Days; 4 - 6 Hrs
Facilitate order among students in the cafeteria during lunch periods (from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm) and ensure student pedestrians cross street only under safe traffic conditions (from 7:10-8:10 am and 2:00-3:00 pm). 6 hours total.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must be sufficiently proficient in the English language to permit the employee to communicate in the workplace, report accidents and/or incidents involving students and summon help, and to understand verbal instructions and written work-related documentation such as manuals and safety rules
Must have the ability to proactively communicate with principal, faculty, staff, students, and parents
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Monitor student behavior during lunch periods to ensure compliance with district and campus policy.
2. Monitor activity in gender-appropriate cafeteria restrooms.
3. Assist with orderly evacuation of students in the event of an emergency.
4. Assist individual students with infrequent needs such as unexpected illness or injury.
5. Assist with cafeteria clean-up, including table roll-away.
6. Walk to the center of the cross walk while students are crossing to ensure pedestrian visibility to drivers.
7. Leave the crosswalk after students have crossed to assist drivers to understand the road is clear to proceed.
8. Attend training courses applicable to the responsibilities of this position.
9. Maintain emotional control under stress.
10. Present an image of professionalism by following department guidelines for personal hygiene and dress code.
11. Recognize and complete tasks without being told.
12. Demonstrate a positive attitude.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Crossing sign and high visibility vest
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Must be able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance and, on occasion, repetitively. Must work in a fast paced environment. Must stand for extended periods of time. Duties require walking, carrying, some stooping, bending, and twisting. Work outdoors in all weather conditions including rain, snow, heat, cold, and wind.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Monday, March 9, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)