Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Library Media Specialist - Negley ES
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: Teacher Placement Schedule
Supervise and manage the school library media center. Provide services and resources that allow students to develop skills in locating, evaluating, synthesizing, and using information to meet personal and academic needs. Promote literacy and the enjoyment of reading, viewing, and listening. Serve as teacher, material expert, and curriculum advisor to ensure that the library media center is involved in instructional programs of the school.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
Valid Texas teaching certificate, with librarian certification or endorsement
Knowledge of current library practices
Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
Competence in use of current library technology
Three years’ experience in classroom/library preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, teach, and evaluate instruction in information skills.
- Provide individual assistance to students in identifying, selecting, and interpreting information.
- Work with teachers to incorporate information skill instruction into the school’s curriculum.
- Interact with students in a consistent, fair, and positive manner.
- Promote appreciation and understanding of literature and reading.
- Provide teachers with assistance in selecting, locating, and using information resources and instructional materials.
- Provide leadership, instruction and consulting assistance in the use of instructional and information technology.
- Participate in curriculum development and assessment on a regular basis.
- Coordinator campus level reading promotion programs and activities.
- Process and arrange resources according to standard library practices.
- Create and maintain a balanced collection of information resources by using standard selection tools, consultation with students and faculty, as well as collection and curriculum analysis.
- Manage the use, distribution, maintenance and inventory of library media center resources, equipment, and technology hardware.
- Coordinate the acquisition and use of instructional materials from outside sources, such as Education Service Center, instructional television, and other schools.
- Create an environment that is conducive to the learning needs of individuals and groups.
- Provide fair and equitable access to library facilities and resources through appropriate scheduling.
- Develop and administer library budget according to priorities of the instructional program, established guidelines and district business practices.
- Maintain systematic records and data as well as compile periodic reports to facilitate program evaluation.
- Comply with district and campus policies and procedures as well as federal and state laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervise paraprofessionals, student assistants and volunteer
Personal computer, telephone, printer, copier, fax machine, and calculator, office and audio visual equipment
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Work with frequent interruptions. Moderate lifting and carrying. Mobility walking, standing, kneeling, and reaching. Accurate vision and hearing. Repetitive hand motions.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
(Teachers with disabilities are protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act).
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Sunday, November 25, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)