Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Aide SPED I - Inclusion / Resource
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: PP02
(Positions include: Inst Aide- Special Ed Inclusion/Resource, PPCD, Specialized Support – PPCD, PPCD/Life Skills)
Assist in implementing the students’ Individual Educational Plan (IEP), including instructional programs, self-help/personal care, and behavior management inside and outside the classroom. Participates in selecting, planning, organizing, and evaluating materials, and assists the teacher with routine tasks.
High school diploma or GED
Valid SBEC Educational Aide certificate (or obtain after recommended for the position)
Meet one highly qualified requirements:
- Have completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (defined as completion of 48 semester hours or equivalent trimester hours) of college coursework or an applicable number of semester hours as defined by the institution of higher education attended, whichever is less;
- Possess an associate’s (or higher) degree;
- Have completed a TEA approved paraprofessional certification training
Preferred Special Knowledge/Skills:
Knowledge of behavior management and positive reinforcement
Knowledge of Individual Education Plans for students
Knowledge of early childhood development
SAMA (Satori Alternatives to Managing Aggression) Certification
Basic Knowledge of CPR/First Aid
Previous experience with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Instruct students and groups of students under the teacher’s direction.
- Provides assistance to teacher in the preparation, usage, and storage of instructional materials.
- Assist the teacher in maintaining appropriate learning activities and environment in order that students may learn in a positive, encouraging way.
- Provide instructional, behavioral, and communications support for students, as needed.
- Follow established schedule and approved lesson plans.
- Provide consistent support in a routine manner to foster student progress.
- Accompanies and assists students in all campus and instructional settings.
- Collaborate with related service providers and other Special Ed supervisory personnel.
- Support each student’s mental, medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Provide support for students with varying disabilities.
- Assist in assessment routines and provision of accommodations.
- Record and report academic and behavioral data for progress monitoring purposes.
- Learn and implement evidence-based practices.
- Effectively manage student behavior, including intervention in crisis situations.
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of the student behavior management plan as directed by the teacher.
- Provide a positive, calm, and consistent learning environment for students.
- Gives physical assistance to students as needed including personal care.
- Support documentation that personal care services were provided as needed.
- Work with assigned students or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher or recommended by OT/PT.
- Support students during field trips as requested.
- Support and/or monitor transitions on/off the school bus (possibly in inclement weather), or possibly supporting students while being transported.
- Assist in maintaining student records, including grades, attendance, and student folders.
- Assist in keeping accurate inventories of equipment and materials as well as care and maintenance.
- Obtain and disseminates information regarding student lessons and progress.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Participates in professional development to further develop skills, faculty/team meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Keeps staff/teacher informed of special needs and other student issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Assist in maintaining an organized, clean environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Maintain consistency of instructional and other routine supports when the teacher is out of the classroom, or when there is a guest teacher in attendance.
Copier, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, and audiovisual equipment
Software necessary for administrative and educational tasks
Assistive Technology and other specialized instructional equipment
Specialized personal care, hygiene, and health-related equipment
Physically able to lift/control up to 50 lbs.
Frequent standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, pushing and pulling
Possible exposure to bacteria or communicable diseases
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:00 AM -
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)