Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Aide II - Clerk/LPAC Assistant - Camino Real ES
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: PP03 (187 Days; 8 hrs.)
Assist LPAC Coordinators and teachers of English learners in the Language Proficiency Assessment Committee in the areas of preparation, management, and instruction. Support and assist administrators and teachers in clerical duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Texas Educational Aide Certificate (or obtain if recommended for a position) or valid Texas teacher certificate
Meet Highly Qualified requirements (have a minimum of 48 college hours or have successfully completed a TEA approved
Proficient in English and Spanish (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking)
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Knowledge of the Bilingual/ESL guidelines
Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
Maintain student confidentiality
Some experience working with students
Some experience working with Bilingual/ESL programs
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assist administrator/teacher with the administration and scoring of objective testing instruments,
2. Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
3. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
4. Help administrator/teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
5. Provide linguistic support to students that are limited English proficient.
6. Provide translation support as needed to parents, teachers and students.
7. Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups as needed.
8. Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom.
9. Keep administrator/teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
10. Give support to administrator/teachers in whatever manner is needed.
11. Communicate with all staff and students in a positive, professional manner.
12. Participate in faculty meetings and special events as assigned.
13. Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
14. Cover classrooms as needed in teachers’ absence.
15. Provide assistance to substitute teachers as needed.
16. Help with inventory of LPAC forms and testing materials.
17. Participate/translate in LPAC meetings at the request of the campus administrator.
18. Participate/translate in GPC meetings at the request of the administrator.
19. Participate/translate in parent/teacher conferences, 504 meetings, and ARD meetings or phone calls at the request of the administrator.
20. Operate various office machines and related copying duties as needed.
21. Duplicate, type, fax, and scan documents needed and distribute to PEIMS clerk and Bilingual/ESL Department
22. Help maintain neat and orderly office.
23. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Supervise students when working with students or otherwise requested.
Copier, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, and audiovisual equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting. Local travel as needed for trainings or meetings.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding. Signature of acknowledgement indicates a receipt of aforementioned information.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)