Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Aide I - Pre K
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: PP02; 7.5 HRS
Assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under supervision of certified teacher.
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Texas Educational Aide Certificate (or obtain if recommended for a position) or valid Texas Educator Certificate
Meet Highly Qualified requirements (have a minimum of 48 college credit hours, or have successfully completed a TEA approved paraprofessional training)
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist teacher with the scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervise students when the teacher has been called out of the room or has stepped out for other reasons.
Copier, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, and audiovisual equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:00 AM -
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)