Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: AU02 (248 days; 8 hrs)
Follow routine cleaning, carpet, hard floor and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
Preferred High School diploma or equivalent
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Must be sufficiently proficient in the English language to permit the employee to communicate in the workplace, and to understand verbal instructions and written work-related documentation such as manuals, product labels, and safety rules
Must be able to perform basic arithmetic operations requiring addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance
Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
Ability to work independently
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
Knowledge of building and ground maintenance preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a program of preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students, staff and visitors.
- Advise Director of Custodial Operations when additional staff is needed to complete assigned work.
- Establish procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Monitor heat, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures. When needed, submit work orders for HVAC controls to be checked or repaired.
- Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Develop and maintain a cleaning schedule that will include the cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
- Observe and inform supervisor of safety hazards.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash.
- Inspect and make minor building repairs as needed and report major repairs needed, including repairs for fences, gates, and buildings. Responsible for changing light bulbs/tubes reachable by an 8 foot ladder.
- Inspect machines and equipment for safe and efficient operations, reporting needed repairs to supervisor.
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and order additional supplies as needed. Maintaining accurate records of supplies/inventory used or ordered.
- Move furniture or equipment within the building as directed by supervisor or campus Administrator.
- Follow all safety codes and standards.
- Ability to climb an 8 foot step ladder and replace lights bulbs and tubes.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, and be willing to perform any additional tasks as assigned by supervisor or director.
- Assist in any emergency work that may arise when needed.
- Ensure that all buildings/facilities are locked and secured when not in use prior to leaving.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Buffer, scrubber, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, extractor, blower, ladder, hand tools, personal computer and telephone.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Strenuous walking, standing, and/or climbing; heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside; exposure to hot and cold temperatures; exposure to dust, toxic chemicals, and materials, slippery or uneven walking surfaces; work on ladders; work alone; wear safety belt.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)