Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clerk - Counselor
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: PP03; 204 Days; 8 Hrs.
Perform various routine clerical duties. Work carefully and tactfully with teachers, students, and the public. Assist in compiling reports, maintain student records, assist in student registration, and other duties as assigned by the principal.
High school diploma or equivalent
A course in typing or office practice preferred
Must have word processing and data entry skills
Ability to maintain emotional control under stress and work with frequent interruptions
Minimum of two years general office experience is required
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform routine word processing and clerical duties.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Maintain student permanent records.
- Assist in registration of new students.
- Maintain and file college materials.
- Assist with the preparation for test administration.
- Check, organize, and prepare information for data processing, and follow prescribed procedure in transmitting the information to the data processing department.
- Set up appointments with parents for counselor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Personal computer, telephone, printer, copier, fax machine, and calculator.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)