Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Receptionist
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: PP04 (230days)
Assist with daily operations of child nutrition office. Direct and assist patrons, and personnel with telephone calls; and other details concerning operations. Daily interaction with Food Service Management Company, parents, employees and vendors regarding all areas of child nutrition operations.
High school diploma or equivalent
Must be able to read, write and speak English
Ability to field high volume of calls in a fast paced stressful environment.
Proficient in typing, keyboarding, and file maintenance.
Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Basic math skills.
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases and do word processing.
Stay on top of to do lists.
Exceptional organizational skills.
Proficient in data entry and directing phone calls to appropriate staff.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports and Correspondence
- Answer incoming calls for child nutrition department and assist parents and departments in professional manner.
- Answer incoming calls and handle questions and requests that fall within level of responsibility.
- Receive and process work orders.
- Assist in receiving, mailing, reviewing and processing free and reduced applications.
- Perform daily duties consisting of filing, typing, assisting director, director’s secretary, and all others.
- Maintain physical and computerized departmental files on child nutrition issues.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in disseminating information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Review mail and make necessary distribution.
- Insure kitchen absences are filled with appropriate substitutes.
- Post and Reconcile deposits from parents, teachers and for catering events.
- Assist in preparing MV monthly invoice.
- Maintain district catering event log.
- Generate, receive and maintain confidential and sensitive files, info and reports and insure security of files
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Telephones, personal computer, copy machine, fax, calculator, scanner, pallet jack.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
As the first level of contact for the child nutrition department, this person should be polite and professional. Should be able to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:00 AM -
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)